Greenville & Spartanburg, SC Bicycle Accident Attorneys

South Carolina is becoming more bike friendly by the year, but there is still a long way to go towards making the roadways as safe as they can be for cyclists. Unfortunately, this means that many cyclists are involved in accidents on the road, sometimes fatal. The rate of fatal bike accidents in South Carolina is consistently higher than the national average, according to the NHTSA.

What happens if you or a loved one is injured in a bicycle accident? If another person is at fault, you can sue for damages including medical expenses and lost wages. For instance, say your bike or equipment turns out to be defective, and it causes an accident; you may be entitled to damages under a products liability claim. Or say you’re on your bike and a car cuts you off in an intersection even though you had the right of way, the driver of the car may be found liable for your resulting medical expenses.

Bike accidents, like car accidents, can be complicated, which is why it’s important to talk to an attorney with experience in cycling accidents as soon after the incident as possible.

If you’ve been injured in a cycling accident, contact the personal injury attorneys at Fulton & Barr in Greenville, SC. Andrew C. Barr has more than 25 years of experience practicing law in South Carolina and regularly takes on personal injury cases involving bicycles, motorcycles, large trucks and passenger vehicles. He’s ready to take on your case and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call 800-868-2110 or fill out the online contact form today to schedule your free initial consultation.

The cyclist accident attorneys at Fulton & Barr, P.A., are located in Greenville, South Carolina and represent clients nationwide who have sustained injuries throughout Upstate South Carolina including Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, Clinton, Easley, Gaffney, Pickens, Walhalla, Cherokee County, Oconee County, Pickens County, Laurens County, Greenwood County, Abbeville County, York County, Aiken County, Chester County, Edgefield County, and Union County.